Surviving the Summer Heat
The bbq's, beach days, pool parties, & relaxation makes summer a special time. However, summer days can be unbearable due to the heat. No matter how much water you drink, or how much ice cream you eat, cooling down just seems impossible.
The key to surviving summer heat is safety. Follow these tips to endure this summer in Southern California.
- Stay Hydrated throughout the day.
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol. These stimulate blood flow, causing your body to heat up and use more water rapidly.
- If working outside, take frequent breaks in the shade.
- If you begin to get a headache due to the heat, drink more water, and rest in a cool area out of the sun.
- Check on pets, make sure they have water, and if possible keep them indoors as the ground outside will be hot for them to rest on.
- Do Not leave children or animals inside a hot car. Even if temperatures are at 75 degrees, it can reach up to 120 in a matter of minutes if in direct sunlight.
As things start to heat up, we wish you and your family a fun & safe time in the summer sun.