How Fire Sprinklers Benefit Your Commercial Building
The last thing a business owner wants is a Fire at his commercial property. Commercial fires can lead to injury or death of employees, damaged merchandise and equipment, lost records, and possibly, the permanent closure of the business.
To improve fire safety in the workplace, a fire sprinklers of any kind are crucial for commercial buildings and the safety of those inside.
Are there requirements for commercial buildings and the fire sprinklers that are installed? Fireline.com outlines sprinkler system requirements on their website for business owners.
According to the website, here are some of the requirements of the National Fire Protection Association for commercial sprinkler systems:
- Buildings more than 55 feet high must have sprinkler systems.
- Any new building with a fire area of more than 5000 square feet must have sprinklers.
- Fire pumps should be installed to increase the amount of pressure in a single sprinkler system.
- Fire pumps should be housed in a separate building whenever possible.
- Water supply control valves should be accessible for easy operation.
There is never a convenient time for a fire disaster to strike a business. But SERVPRO of Downey understands that in the event of a fire, it is important to provide excellent service while minimizing the disruption to the daily operations of the business. We are always here to help in the event of a commercial fire. Learn more about our expert commercial restoration services.