Storm Watch 2021: What Can We Learn from Texas?
As many of us have seen, the Winter Storm Uri is wrecking havoc on the state of Texas and some of the surrounding states.
- Heavy Snow Fall & Ice began to fall starting February 12-13th.
- Up to 9in of snow was reported, covering some 80% of Texas.
- Texas saw its coldest temperatures to date coming in at minus 3 degrees in some parts.
- This storm has caused millions to be without power and running water.
- Many water damage cases have been reported as well as frozen pipes.
- Over 100 SERVPRO® franchises have been called to respond to over 10,000 calls for help.
What Does the Winter Storm Uri Teach Us?
Winter Storm Uri and Texas teaches us a lesson in Preparedness. Texans may never have thought they'd face a storm so extreme. Were they prepared? Many weren't. The key is Preparedness. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.
We can learn a similar lesson in California. The next Wild Fire or Earthquake could be devastating. Preparedness doesn't stop the devastation, but it does allow you to have what you need when you need it. For residents, this includes food, clean water, & electricity.
For commercial facilities, ask yourself: Do I have a relationship with my local mitigation company? If I do, do I have a partnership with them that would give us priority service? What emergencies are we prepared for?
The answer to those questions could make or break your business! Don't hesitate, call SERVPRO® to help prepare your business for a disaster. (562) 392-3007